Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application.

Skilled Commentator

Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application.

[ Edited ]

I get this error message probably 4-5 times every day. "ACT! has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

I'm on a shared database with about 8 other users. Every once in a while another person gets this message and has to restart, but mine is the most frequent. I did find an article about rebuilding my Act preferences and plan on trying that, but thought I'd see if anyone else has any suggestions. http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

The only common factor I noticed is that it  normally happens when I'm navigating into a new Act window, and when it's "painting" the window. This makes me wonder if it's a video card or memory issue. 

I'm using Act 2011 Premium, Version 13.1 Hot Fix 5, our office has a mix of computers, some XP, some Windows 7. Let me know if  I'm missing some helpful information.  

Any ideas for me to try? 

Thanks!!

Master Commentator

Re: Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application.

Did you ever find a solution for this, or was this resolved for you with Hot Fix 6?  I have HF6 and am still experiencing these issues with my company.  Any insight/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Skilled Commentator

Re: Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application.

No solution, however the frequency has decreased to about once every day or two, which is livable. I did do a call to tech support and they tried several different things. Again, whatever they did didn't fix it, but did help the issue. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Master Commentator

No problem.  I appreciate the quick response.  Thank you!