Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Loading Layout After Upgrading

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error Loading Layout After Upgrading

[ Edited ]

I can no longer load a custom  particular layout on all workstations after upgrading

Upgraded from 2012 Pro to 2014 Pro V16, 5 Client 

Local Windows Server 2003 database install location - The server will load and display the custom layout correctly by the workstation give an error message when selecting it.

Before upgrading to 2014

Workstation #1 I XP - I had problems installing other software.  Tech support had me remove all other version of .NET 2 .NET 4, SQL, and reinstall .NET 4.  Their software installed fine.  ACT -  I got an error loading layout when selecting the layout pull down. So I let it sit since it was an extra machine and was planning to upgrading all machines soon.

Upgraded ACT 2012 Pro on the server and it loads the custom layout fine.  I can even edit it and resave it with a new name and load it fine.

Upgraded Windows 7 Act 2012 Pro to 2014 Pro now I can't load the layout.  If I try to edit the layout , I just get one black grey box. I tried loaded the resaved new name layout and it works fine.

Things I tried - change the DPI to 96, unshared and reshare the database. On the workstation side, I tried opening the database as a UNC, tried mapping a drive, then opening the .PAD.  On the Help > About Database ,  the layout directory is a UNC \\server\databasefiles

the database files are G: - the database application is installed on the G drive on the server.

1. Could there be something on the custom layout that is preventing it from loading on the upgrade workstations, The C++ Redistributable versions are the same on the server and workstation.
  2. It loads other Layouts, but not this one particular one
  3. The layout doesn't have any pictures
  4. It still works locally sitting on the server.
  5. The database was upgraded as part of the installation.
  6. Would doing a database move fix some type of pointers
  7. I check NTFS and share permission, there is no restrictions on the layout files.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author edlopez
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error Loading Layout After Upgrading

I figured it out.

Long story short - 

I made a change to one of the fonts from 10 to 9 and back to 10 saved it, and it now works on all workstations.  I don't know why it worked, but I'll just accept it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

With Act! Layout sometimes I've had this problem too. I know it can be a lot of work, but making a new layout helped me out.

Hein Campmans
http://connect2act.com

Yes, I might just remake the layout.

Solution
Accepted by topic author edlopez
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I figured it out.

Long story short - 

I made a change to one of the fonts from 10 to 9 and back to 10 saved it, and it now works on all workstations.  I don't know why it worked, but I'll just accept it.