Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

When I try to snooze alarms I am getting this error.  If I close the error window I can only "close" the alarms window and the alarms are deactivated.

-----------------cut from previous post for reference -------------

I have ACT! 2008 (10.0) V 10.0.2.191 running in Windows XP pro SP2

Hardware Lenovo Laptop, with Core2Duo procesor, 2.1 GHz, and 1 GB Ram at 2.09Ghz, Harddrive is a seagate 100GB at 7200 RPM.

The laptop is 3 months old (fresh Act load) not much loaded on it, ACT! is not synced to any e-mail (We use GroupWise) and I have Companionlink for Sync to my blackberry.,

DB has less than 1600 contacts, with about 130 company records.  -- the ADF file is 42.3 MB

Re: Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Try running check and repair from Tools -> Database maintenance.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, see if you get the same results within a different database.

Hello David:

Sorry for the delay -

I ran C & R - and was still getting the error.

I only have the one DB so had to open, and convert the ACT100demo database, since I had closed the alarms (eg. same instance of Act - I changed DB and did not close act and then open another DB) - they did not automatically come on - I was creating events with alarms - nothing - I then closed Act and re opened in the ACT100demo db - and the alarms that were previously in the db and the ones I created were there.

If I snooze one alarm - no problem, If I select 2 or more I get the same error. 

While I thought the Alarm Window would do nothing(locked up) - the hourglass is "in" the window after getting this error once - but I am able to select single alarms and press snooze, the "remind me again in" time window comes up - but then I press OK the alarm does not disappear out of the alarm window. 

If I select more then one - (again after getting the error once) - it appears to work, but the alarms do not go away.  The only way to close the alarm window is to close it.

I hope this helps. 

I attempted to edit the number 10 envelope  template to include the contact's title.   But"format/vertical spacing/make equal" returns the above error.  I'm finding it impossible to the get the output spacing correct without that function.
Platinum Elite Contributor

That option only works when you select two (only) fields. Use the properties panel to set the field vertical size and the top placement to set the spacing.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, Thanks for the quick response but I don't understand.

When I use the same function in design layout for contacts, I select all the fields (3-4-5-6-whatever)  I want to space evenly and Presto!, they are spaced. 

Sorry, I am really confused by your instructions.  If I only am selecting 2 fields, there would be nothing to space equally because there is only one space between two objects?  And I don't get how setting the vertical size (which I have already done)  and top placement distributes multiple fields equally.

Platinum Elite Contributor

While the layout editor and the report editor appear similar, they are actually very different and have two different output functions. The layout editor's out put is a form that generally appears the same as what you see in the layout editor. More importantly, it's designed to display one contact record at a time. Because you are creating a form, the idea of equal spacing between fields is important. The output from the report editor is a program that is designed to extract information from the database and organize and format it for printing. As such, what you see in the report editor is different from the final results of running the report (program).

For what you are trying to do, you generally don't want equal spacing between the fields. What you need to do is size the vertical size of the field for the font you are using and then have the field touching but not overlapping vertically. These measurement are set for each field on the properties panel (Press F4 or View | Properties Window. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks.  I never would have known that.  I was pulling my hair out. 

Have a great weekend.

I am trying to modify a standard group report  (Group Membership.rep) to iclude the contact's home address information. Everytime I run the report after adding any of the Contact's fields (whether one or mulitple) I get this "Index was outside the bounds of array" error. The reprot runs fine unmodified? Not sure what I am missing.

Roy -

Thank you for the previous information. It took me several reads of your response to finally understand what you were telling a previous poster. But now that I understand, it makes sense. Too bad the error message is not specific enough to tell you what is really the issue and thus lead you to the correct resolution.

Thanks again.