Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. while doing mergemail

Copper Contributor

Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. while doing mergemail

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 installed on Windows XP SP3.  I'm only using "contacts" (no groups or companies).  I have about 2000 contacts in the database.

While doing a mailmerge on 75 records, using Outlook 2003, received "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: Index". 

It appears the mailmerge completed successfully and all my outbound email was created correctly and sent. A subsequent mailmerge did not encounter the same issue.  I have had this happen before, but I don't recall the circumstances, nor do I see a pattern.

I have not found any hits in the knowledgebase that seem to apply.  What is happening and what should I do about it?

Thanks.

Dan

Copper Contributor

Re: Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. while doing mergemail

I have been having this problem for years.   I just ignore it.   Click ok and the message will disappear.   The mail merge completes just fine as far as I can see.  I'm using Act 2009 and I understand that this problem has still not been corrected in version 2012 although I would never upgrade as the newer versions don't run well at all on XP machines.  As a matter of fact I've tried the demo and it really doesn't run at all on WinXP.   So as long as I continue running XP, I'll stick with 2009 which runs just fine and has everything I'll ever need.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. while doing mergemail

Just saw the same message when importing a database

says import is complete, when i click on finish, the index out of range message appears.

clicked ok the closed act and restarted, all seems OK. any idea what its referring to?