Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Getting Activity Types: Input String was not in a correct format

Error Getting Activity Types: Input String was not in a correct format

HELP!  Both my boss and I have new laptops; hence the software (Act! 2008 version 10) was reinstalled along with the databases we had created.  Unfortunately, when you launch the software and attempt to open the database you get an error message that the database ___ cannot be located.  Also, when clicking on "create a new database" you get the above "Error getting Activity Types . . . " error message.  Does anyone have any clues on how to correct this?

Re: Error Getting Activity Types: Input String was not in a correct format

BNelson06,

Are you able to open any database?  Try opening the demo database.

We get the same error with the demo database.
Tuned Listener

Any solution found for this problem? We have just reinstalled and are having the same error. We really need to access our DB to get back on track... Anyone??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Please see Knowledgebase Article 19640 for the issue you are having getting your database open.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Nevermind I found it.

Thank you.

Message Edited by ACTingOut on 08-26-2008 01:06 PM

Absolutely no help with the error message listed above in the main subject matter -- ERROR GETTING ACTIVITY TYPES: INPUT STRING WAS NOT IN A CORRECT FORMAT."  Please provide a solution to this continuing error message.  We are unable to even create new databases.
Platinum Elite Contributor

As I understand you were getting two types of errors:  one that the database could not be located when you tried to open your database and another referring to activity types when trying to create a new database.  Are you still unable to open your databases at all? Are you still getting the first error you referred to?

As for the second error, in addition to ACT!, did you also install ACT! Link for Palm or any ACT! add-ons?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

No.  No other add ons were installed.  Yes, we are still unable to open our databases or create new ones.

Tuned Listener

We are still getting the error as well. I even broke down and called tech support for $45 and he was not able to help me.