Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Failed to log into the database. Error accessing or processing a PAD file - \\Actserver\act\Databases\JcrsClients.pad

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Error: Failed to log into the database. Error accessing or processing a PAD file - \\Actserver\act\Databases\JcrsClients.pad

I'm using v21 and W10.

On the ACT server, I can't run the scheduler as it throws up a long error message, so I run the scheduler on an ACT client machine.  The jobs fail and I receive daily emails with the above message.  I presume that if I could run the scheduler on the actual ACT server I would not experience the problem.  Can anyone please suggest a fix for this problem and I'll post something with the failure message when I try to run the scheduler on the ACT server.

Error:

Failed to log into the database. Error accessing or processing a PAD file - \\Actserver\act\Databases\JcrsClients.pad

Thank you.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error: Failed to log into the database. Error accessing or processing a PAD file - \\Actserver\act\Databases\JcrsClients.pad

Hi:

Usually this is a problem with the location of the database, or the permissions to access the database.  Please see the knowledge-base article below for specifics regarding your error message.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024245214-Error-Failed-to-log-into-the-database-and-or-Err...

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Error: Failed to log into the database. Error accessing or processing a PAD file - \\Actserver\act\Databases\JcrsClients.pad

Thank you, Brice. I specified the username and password of the admin and that solved the problem.