Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Emailing or Syncing with Act 2011 and Office 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error Emailing or Syncing with Act 2011 and Office 2010

I had to reformat my hard drive and re-install all my software including Act. Since then I am unable to email or sync contactsor calendar and I am getting the messages as shown in the pics.

I have created a new database and imported my contact info into the new database. I have run the database integrity checkand backed it up. I have also run the Outlook repair utility as well as compacted the data files in Outlook.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavilion 6700.

My Act version is

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0
English (Canada)

My Outlook version is Office Professional Plus 2010 Version 14.5128.5000 (32 bit)

Help!

Regards

Paul B Moore

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbmoore
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error Emailing or Syncing with Act 2011 and Office 2010

Excellent Greg!

I was successful in registering redemption.dll - and that appeared to have solved my sync problems as well as my email interface.

When I said compacted, I was referring to right clicking on Outlook.pst, choosing Data File Properties, Advanced then Compact  Now.

Thanks so much for your help.

Paul

Paul B Moore

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

The Com class error message is generally due to an unregistered dll, here is an article with steps to help resolve it: KB Article 23311.

For the syncing issue, you mention 'compacted' the data files in Outlook.  Are you referring to having compressed them or reindexed them?  Compressed file names will show up in blue in Windows Explorer and you want to make sure they are not compressed.  To further troubleshoot the sync issue, try syncing to Outlook with a new/empty Act! database - this will determine if the issue lies in your Act! database or not.  Also, do you have any Distribution Lists within your Outlook contacts?  If yes, try moving it/them to a sub-folder within Contacts and then sync again.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbmoore
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Excellent Greg!

I was successful in registering redemption.dll - and that appeared to have solved my sync problems as well as my email interface.

When I said compacted, I was referring to right clicking on Outlook.pst, choosing Data File Properties, Advanced then Compact  Now.

Thanks so much for your help.

Paul

Paul B Moore
Platinum Super Contributor

Paul,
Glad to hear it worked and Thank you for the update! We'll have to make a note about the registering of the dll as a possible solution to failed sync issues.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've had some problems with ACT! 2011 and Office 2010 recently and thought I'd post my findings. This seemed an appropriate thread.

I upgraded some PCs to Win 7 (32 & 64 bit), Office 2010 (32 bit) to make the most of compatibility with ACT! 2011, or so I thought...

I've had all sorts of problems, with the links/addins not functioning correctly. Mainly to do with mail-merge, and email history not recording. After doing all the standard things with the support dept (re-register redemption.dll, re-install ACT! etc, I uninstalled ACT! and Office and then reinstalled them (Office first!).

Everything seemed to be OK until I added the Dymo software for our label printer, at which point things stopped working again! I then found that there was an updated software set for the dymo printers that makes it compatible with office 2010. After updatin to this this appear to be working. Hopefully things might settle down for a while now!

Hopefully this may help someone in a similar situation.

Roly

FYI the Dymo version is Version: 8.3.1

"What's New

• Support for the LabelManager 420P and LabelManager PnP label printers
  • Support for Microsoft Office 2010
  • Important updates to SDK libraries
  • Minor feature improvements and bug fixes

Details

• Version: 8.3.1
  • Date published: August 24, 2011"
Roland Horwood
Frame Design