07-03-2012 01:29 PM
I am running ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 22.214.171.124, Hot Fix 1. Every time I try to duplicate a record I get the error "Value cannot be null". This has been a long-standing problem. Is there a solution?
07-03-2012 02:24 PM - edited 07-03-2012 02:25 PM
This issue is caused by the duplicate checking settings:
- Go to Tools > Preferences > General tab
- Click the Duplicate Checking button
- If the option to "Enable duplicate checking" is checked, then ensure there is at least one field selected (like "Contact")
- If unchecked, then check it and add at least one field
- Repeat for the Group and Company records types as well
Note: If duplicate checking is enabled and there is already a field selected, then disable duplicate checking and test
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
07-03-2012 02:41 PM
Thank you for your quick response. I unchecked my duplicate record checking but I also realized I hadn't updated the latest Hotfix 5. I did both and have just duplicated a large number of records with no problem at all. FINALLY! Thank you.