Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Creating Window Handle

Copper Contributor

Error Creating Window Handle

After doing large (200+ contact) mail merges, I usually do Edit->Replace Field to mark Status Step [one of my user fields] with a value indicating that the item has been sent. Often, after the mail merge is done, I'll attempt to Replace Field and receive "Error Creating Window Handle".

Exiting ACT! all the way and re-entering usually fixes it, but it doesn't instill much confidence in me or my users. Any advice?

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Creating Window Handle

Check to see if you have the latest update for the .NET Framework 2. The original version had a file handle leak that causes problems with system resources.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
I downloaded and installed the NET2.0 SP1 redist (11/19/2007) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=79BC3B77-E02C-4AD3-AACF-A7633F706BA5&displa... . Installing that AFTER installing 3.5 (which I've already got installed) won't mess anything up, will it?
Message Edited by vogelap on 06-16-2009 04:25 PM
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010

None that I'm aware of.

I have this very error,

On 2 servers. Did the install of .Net 2 sp1 fix this issue for you ? as i have got .Net 2 sp2 and .Net 3.5 already installed.

Thanks

I am having this same issue.  I have Net sp 2.0 ver 2 and 3.5.  What else can I do?