Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control. Parameter name: Control

Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control. Parameter name: Control

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This is my first time posting here.  I receive this error Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control.  Parameter name: Control  when I try to paste notes from the side bar in company detail into contact detail.  I am using ACT 2007. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control. Parameter name: Control

Anyone have any suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control. Parameter name: Control

I often get this error too, and can't find information.. I'm getting it again today.. Drives me crazy. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks, Judy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Judy,
When exactly do you see this error occurring?
Does it prevent you from further using the program or are you able to click past it?
What version of ACT! are you using?
What operating system does your computer use? It is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

I experience a number of odd-ball things when trying to paste into ACT contact fields - It is incredibly annoying as every sales lead we receive is from a web form and only the name and email address is automatically added with the new contact when I quick attach from Outlook.

So for every contact I need to go to the newly created record, and copy and paste from the ACT history side bar (which is our web form, transferred from the original form received by email) into the contact fields.

The two main errors I see is either as described

Error: Context Menu cannot be shown on an invisible control. Parameter name: Control , which won't let me copy at all

or

I copy the text from the history sidebar and the specific history entry is closed and I have to click on it again.

The only reliable way to do this is

1) double click on the history entry
2) This opens a separate dialogue box
3) Copy the field
4) Close the dialogue
5) paste to the contact field
6) repeat this process for all 10+ field

This is incredibly time consuming.

The weird thing is sometimes a simple copy and paste will work, sometimes it won't and I can not diagnose why this is.

I have Act Premium 2012 - come on Sage, surely being able to copy and paste should be a fundamental and work seamlessly!

I hope you can help