Do you mean 

Error Access Database after Windows 10 upgrade

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error Access Database after Windows 10 upgrade

My windows 10 automatically updated yesterday. Now I am getting the following:

I have ACT Pro 19.1.63.0 Update 2

1st msg - For added functionality, fill out the Windows phone information dialog.  (never got this before & phone dialog is already filled out).

2nd - Goes to Logon.  Error Accessing Database     The database BearCat2017 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database serveer is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.  (ok or Help)

note I am a stand alone system.

If I disable my firewall then I'm not protected.

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bearcat
‎04-18-2017 07:45 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: Error Access Database after Windows 10 upgrade

I had the same problems after my upgrade.  Turns out the SQL server wasn't running correctly.  I stopped and restarted the server and now ACT and Outlook are working.  Go to services,  The service is:  SQL server (ACT7).  Even if it's running stop it and restart it. 

Regarding the telephone messages, it has to do with the location info that  I believe is contained in the Registry.  I fixed this once, maybe on my notebook, but I don't  remember the details.  You can find them if you google it.   I just click OK and no further action is required until the next login.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trying to open Outlook 2010 -  had another pop up Error Msg - ACT Address Book The Act Address Book Service is not properly configured, or the configured database BearCat2017.pad is locked. Do you want to configure now?

Solution
Accepted by topic author bearcat
‎04-18-2017 07:45 AM
Tuned Listener

I had the same problems after my upgrade.  Turns out the SQL server wasn't running correctly.  I stopped and restarted the server and now ACT and Outlook are working.  Go to services,  The service is:  SQL server (ACT7).  Even if it's running stop it and restart it. 

Regarding the telephone messages, it has to do with the location info that  I believe is contained in the Registry.  I fixed this once, maybe on my notebook, but I don't  remember the details.  You can find them if you google it.   I just click OK and no further action is required until the next login.

Hope this helps

Copper Contributor

Thanks JoeS. I think I had that same problem. I'm not very familiar with what SQL does. I know when I had ACT 6 I had problems all the time.
Evidently after Windows 10 updated it set me as admin on everything. I ran my AVG update & restarted my computer. Worked fine. Funny because I had restarted the computer. Just one of those quirky things. Thanks again for responding.