Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error 1067 Windows could not start SQL (ACT7)...

Nickel Contributor

Re: Error 1067 Windows could not start SQL (ACT7)...

I still have the Support files on my own machine (with SQL Server 2008 removed) so I'm not sure on that.

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
cjs
Copper Contributor

OK.  I am going try the reinstall again and I will report back how it goes.  Crossing my fingers!  Thanks.  This is the 3rd I am trying reinstall.

cjs
Copper Contributor

So I tried the reinstall and during the install got a new message   Act Pro  "Big RED X"  Windows XP 64 bit OS is not supported by Act!   I clicked OK and it closed.     Now what.   Should I blow up my new computer?  

cjs
Copper Contributor

This computer is a new HP Spectre with window 10.   Why would ACT! think it has Windows XP  64 on it?  

cjs
Copper Contributor

If I was to download a version of SQL 2012 does anyone think that would help? If so, which version should I download. There were 6 versions available on Microsoft.com. They range in size from 33 mb to 1.3 gb
Nickel Contributor

No, I don't think so.

Although I kind of understand what has happened to your machine, it is obviously complicated.

It might be worth trying to install or reinstall SQL Server Express 2008 R2 and then, if successful, getting rid of it

I guess the ideal situation would be to restore your system to its pre "PCMover" state, but you may understandably not want to do that.

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
cjs
Copper Contributor

This sounds archaic, but I ended up resetting the new laptop back to factory setting and starting over from square one.  I am going to load ACT! first and make sure it works before I load anything else.  Unbelievable...hate to guess the number of hours I have spent trying to get this to work!    I am now restoring the database on the new laptop.     FYI, I checked programs and ACT!  installed "SQL Server Browser for SQL Server 2014"  9.84 MB.   I also checked Services and SQL Server (ACT7)  is running.        If there is a message in all this. it is probably to not use the PC Mover option that "moves everything" for moving an ACT! Program and install the program and then restore a backup.   Thanks for all the suggestions.