01-06-2009 06:58 AM
Act 2009 got very confused while scheduling a recurring bi-weekly call and I now have five all-day events and and twelve individual events all related to my bi-weekly sales call appearing on my calendar every day of the year between yesterday and December 24, 2009 .
For whatever reason clearing one instance of the activity cleared all of them, however the extent of the issue didn't become clear until today, and now I don't know how I can erase the cleared activities. I know I can filter calendars to not show cleared activities, but all of these activities will appear in history reports for the rest of the year - it is just really messy.
The activities are all under My Profile, they aren't assigned to anyone but me.
Is there a way to delete an already cleared activity? I looked at the KB already and didn't find much when searching under "delete activity" and "erase activity".
01-20-2009 06:48 AM
Thank you for the reply. I tried that but got the "Activity cleared by the Organizer, it cannot be uncleared" message, or something similar to that.
Any other thoughts? I AM the organizer, hence it should let me unclear my own activities somehow, right??
01-20-2009 08:05 AM
One other item here....it seems the unwanted activities only apear in the day/week/month calendar view. In task list and in My Record they are correctly non-existant for the future.
01-20-2009 08:57 AM
Run database maintenance from actdiag following the KB below and attempt to unclear the activities again. If you get the same issue, then it could be some sort of db corruption. I don't believe this is a serious issue, more of an annoyance. So you can either let them be or attempt to save an empty copy and import the database to see if that will allow you to delete the activities.
09-04-2014 02:10 PM - edited 09-04-2014 02:11 PM
I lived with this "Activity cleared by the Organizer, it cannot be uncleared" problem for years.
Creating a new, blank db and then importing the old db did not solve the problem.
Neither did running ACTDIAG and all the repairs.
Finally, I discovered the solution.
Duplicate the problem contact, copying all fields. This will create a new contact.
Copy and paste any notes, histories, and activities from the old contact into the new contact.
Delete the old contact. This will delete all the problem activities connected to the old contact. Everything else will be as before.
If the problem contact is a User, to be safe, I think you have to create a new RDB file and create a new db for the new User. This is what I did.