Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Envelope Printing Problems with a Brother Laser

Tuned Listener

Envelope Printing Problems with a Brother Laser

My preexisting envelope templatesdo not print correctly even though they were designed on the #10 envelope page size.  Here's what happens:

1.  When viewed in the edit template view the template appears on a #10 envelope.

2.  When printed to preview, it appears on an 8.5x11 page.  If printed from there, it shrinks the 12 point type to about 2 point very near the top and middle of the envelope even though the printer page size (Brother laser printer) is set to Com-10.

3.  If the page size is reset to Com10 in the preview screen, it prints correctly.  This was not necessary when printing to my ancient HP laser which recently expired.

4.  If printed from the 10 template in Act Pro 2013, it works correctly.

Are the only solutions to either flow every envelope or to redo every preexisting template using the 10 template as a base?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Envelope Printing Problems with a Brother Laser

The problem is the printer driver, ACT! doesn't control the printingm Windows along with the printer and video driver contro the actual printing. If you're using a Windows provided printer driver, check with Brothwe to see if there's a better driver.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Re: Envelope Printing Problems with a Brother Laser

I tried updating the driver, but no change. It appears to be something about the way that earlier templates interface with the printer driver. Any current one works. The older ones predate Act Pro 2011.

Over time I'll convert my specialized envelopes to the 2013 format..