Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Envelop printing

Envelop printing

We just loaded Act Premium Version 10.0 - I can not get an envelop to print the correct way, even in the preview it comes up printing like it is a word doc on a full sheet of paper.    Orientation is landscape, but the print is not oriented as on an envelop.  We have tried a number of settings to get an envelop to print.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

On the older version we used this feature all the time with no problem, in fact had quite a few custom envelops.  I am really frustrated with this new version.  To top it all off when we loaded the new version (server and 3 workstations) the software automatically went out and grabbed an update which summarily crashed all our systems.  After our outsourced IT guy called technical support he was told we should have not done that update. Of course there was nothing on the web site to indicate one should ignore that update...... All those $$$$ going out the window.

Renee

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Envelop printing

You did not indicate which envelope you are trying to print so I'm assuming that it is the #11. That envelope is template is formatted on and 8 1/2 X 11 page and the margins are set to print on most ink jet printers with the envelope fed on the right side of the printer, flap toward the center and up. If you printer uses a different feed for envelopes you will need to edit the template and modify the page margins so that the envelope prints correct.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Envelop printing

Thanks Roy,

I am trying to print a #10 commercial envelop on a Xerox Techtronic printer.  Envelops are placed in the printer lengthwise not widthwise as you would with an inkjet printer.  I will see if I can modify the page margins to affect the change and produce the results, but the print preview comes up with the envelop showing lengthwise and the printing in the wrong place.  I did not have this problem with the old version of ACT and printed to the same printer.  Why did they change the original setup?

If you have any other ideas let me know.  I will see what I can do, but thought I'd pretty much tried everything yesterday before submitting my post.

Renee Seifert