Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Entering Professional Designations After Contact's Name

Entering Professional Designations After Contact's Name

I work in medical marketing and have a problem when I try to use a designation other than MD after a contacts name. Generaly, when I use MD after a name it does not upset the contact's name, ie. John Nay Smith, MD vs Smith John MD Nay. But when I try to enter a new contact such as a Physician's Assistant (PA) or Physical Therapist (PT)  Act changes the name order which screws up the Alpha listing as well as the auto addressing function in mail merge.

I have tried every combination I can think of in the "Contact Name" - Name Details drop down, but it seems to do what it wants rather than take my input commands. Even when using MD, it sometimes seems to prefer that I put a coma between the last name and MD other time it works better without the comma. Any suggestions?

Thanks

CCOULTER

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Entering Professional Designations After Contact's Name

Hello ccoulter,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. ACT! lets you create list of name suffixes that wil be excluded from the first/middle/last name parsing. To manage this list:

- Go to Tools > Preferences

- In ACT! 2011, you would go to the Admin tab; in prior versions, go to the General tab and click the Name Preferences button

- Choose Last name suffixes and add the suffixes you would like use to the list

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Entering Professional Designations After Contact's Name

I have followed those notes above but my mail merge still keeps messing up when printing a lable.

Smith CFP CRC CFP

instead of

Smith CFP CRC

I don't know why it is repeating CFP.  I have tried Smith CFP and it prints fine.  when I had CRC it messes up.

Any suggestions?