Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Entering Note in New Contact Page

Entering Note in New Contact Page

Help Please !!

When I enter a New Contact for new Act account page I complete all necessary info at top account address / phone # etc. area and then when I click Note Icon at top toolbar THE ACCOUNT PAGE BACKS UP TO MY PREVIOUS ACCOUNT I WAS WORKING.

How can I avoid this happening.

Before I saw this happening I had put the notes in the wrong account note file and thought I was losing my mind.

Then one day I saw it actually back up to the previous account when I clicked the Note Icon at top.

This only happens on New Contact Accounts being entered in my Act 2011 Pro.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you---Bob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Entering Note in New Contact Page

Hello Bob,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You should be able to resolve this by clicking the Save icon on the toolbar or pressing the F5 button to refresh, before clicking the Note button.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg and thanks for the reply--I do not have a SAVE Icon on my toolbar--how can I put one up there. I can hit the F5 and appreciate  you telling me this --- thank you, Bob

Here is where the Save icon is located on the Contact Detail screen:

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greg--cannot open the place in your message where to find Contact Detail screen---just tell me please and I will be good to go---thanks.

Bob

The contact detail view is the main page for a single contact (also called the "business card" view). Click "Contacts" from the navigation menu on the left, then "Detail View" on the toolbar above the list (if the contacts come up in list view). The Save icon is available on the toolbar for both the List and Detail views.

Greig Hollister

Copper Elite Contributor

Another option is to use 'View / Refresh '. I use it a lot on all the Act windows.

Refresh is almost at the bottom of the drop-down from the View button on the top toolbar.

It is useful to force an update of any Act window you open, for example if you have cleared or added Acticities in Contact view, then go straight to the Calendar, you may not see those Activity changes immediately.

View / Refresh in Calendar updates the view immediately.