Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Entering Activities without Dates?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Entering Activities without Dates?

I have a tendency of jotting tasks and to-do things on paper and scraps of paper, which I inevitably lose. In order to get myself organized, I'm thinking I should just enter these as To-dos in ACT! (2010) as they come up so they don't get "lost."

Is there a way to enter an Activity without a Scheduled Date, so I can have a Master To-Do list? Is there another suggested way on how to do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Entering Activities without Dates?

Hello MadDog,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to schedule an ACT! Activity without using a date. I have seen some people use a single date far in the future (such as 1/1/2200) for all tasks and then filter the task list by that date to view all their "undated" tasks.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello MadDog,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to schedule an ACT! Activity without using a date. I have seen some people use a single date far in the future (such as 1/1/2200) for all tasks and then filter the task list by that date to view all their "undated" tasks.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Now that I know that, I'll do that to get what I wanted.

By any chance, is there a way to set a "default date" to a date in the future instead of having the window open with today's date?

Message Edited by MadDog on 12-22-2009 03:21 PM

Unfortunately, there is not. The default date and time are controlled by your Windows system clock. The most you can do is go to Tools/Preferences/Calendar & Scheduling/Scheduling Preferences, and conttrol the default alarm, duration and priorities for each type of activity. You can also choose to have the activity type default to "Timeless", which means no specific time (this might be good for a task list such as yours).

Greig Hollister