Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Encouraging Act! Use?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Encouraging Act! Use?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has advice regarding encouraging Act! usage in the office. We've had Act! for years but have never really used it to it's full potential. We're now trying to encourage the sales reps to use it but we've received heavy pushback. I've tried cleaning up the database for them (removing duplicates, correcting addresses) and I'm also trying to write some instructions on how to use some custom features we have in our Act!.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? I'll suggest the training courses available with Keystroke as well.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎08-28-2017 05:05 AM

Re: Encouraging Act! Use?

Hi Tina,

It may help to know why your sales reps are pushing back on the idea of using Act!? If it is something like lack of familiarity with the Act! software I do believe training would certainly be a benefit and could show them the: https://www.act.com/resources page as we have videos/How-To's available that may address some of their concerns.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assume the sales team have to report on their activities and also forecast sales opportunities. If they are not using a CRM system I  wonder how they do this and also how the Sales Director and Finance Director use the information to help manage them and forecast revenues.

Using ACT can achieve this by producing reports of activity past, planed activity to come and expected sales.

This means the other ways of producing the information can be removed. It is often a stick and carrot approach needed and some sales personnel think that they own the client and not the company they work for so do not want to be exposed or managed.

Ask the team what they would like from a CRM system and see if you can incorporate some of their requests as this helps with buy-in.

Other things to consider -

I implemented ACT to a major client after they had managed to set up a bidding war for a contract only to find it was between two of their offices!!!!!! 

The sales person meeting their client with a cheery hello only to find a major problem was being dealt with by your company, and you did not know, destroying your credibility.

Planning marketing events with no hard evidence of where last years sales introductions came from so not able to spend your budget effectively.

Consider contacting a local ACC to se if they can link you with another local ACT user who is successfully using ACT in a sales team environment as that may give you more insight in how to develop the team to use ACT and also look at the team wish list to see what they can implement if you go ahead.

Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎08-28-2017 05:05 AM

Hi Tina,

It may help to know why your sales reps are pushing back on the idea of using Act!? If it is something like lack of familiarity with the Act! software I do believe training would certainly be a benefit and could show them the: https://www.act.com/resources page as we have videos/How-To's available that may address some of their concerns.