Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Embedded Excel spreadsheets in Word Document

Embedded Excel spreadsheets in Word Document

I use embedded excel spreadsheets in Word templates and after a while the excel object becomes corrupt and is no longer available. I had this problem in ACT 2006, but there was a fix that worked. I have tried the same fix now in ACT 2008, but still get the same problem. Can anyone help with a solution to this issue?

Re: Embedded Excel spreadsheets in Word Document

pkaplan,

Go into task manager and kill the Excel process.  This issue can happen outside of ACT! templates.  When embedding an Excel spreadsheet in Word and then closing Word, it doesn't release the Excel process.  Since its still loaded in the background, it causes this issue.

Are you saying that when I am working in the embedded spreadsheet, open task manager and close excel? Won't that close the spreadsheet I am working in?

This was a problem in ACT 2006 and there was a fix that worked, I just can't get it to work now that I have upgraded to ACT 2008 and Windows Vista. It told you how to remove the ACT add in, but again, I can't get it to work with Vista.

No, kill Excel process after closing the Word/Excel.  Do you want any ACT! integration with Word or Excel?  Removing the ACT! addins will break the integration.

Which version of Office are you using?

No, I can get around the ACT add ins. I am using Office Prof Edition 2003.