Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails with attachments won't get sent

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Emails with attachments won't get sent

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0

The built-in email program won't sent emails with attachments. This seems to happen every time a pdf file is attached, but might also happen with other files, I'm not sure.

Anybody have a suggestion for me? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Emails with attachments won't get sent

As you indicated in your first post - the build you currently have installed is V13.0.  That build is pre Service Pack 1.  With SP1 installed the build will be V13.1.  The update for Service Pack 1 includes Hot Fix 1, but does not include Hot Fix 2, 3, or 4. 

Note: Hot fixes are specific to builds.  Build 13.0 will have it's own set of Hot Fixes (ex: 1 and 2) and build 13.1 will have it's own hot fixes (1, 2, 3, and 4). 

I can see that it can be confusing but the hot fixes are generally kept separate from the Service Pack updates to allow flexibility for the varying customer environments. 

For your installation, you will need to first install the Service Pack 1 update (which includes hot fix 1) and then apply the current hot fix 4 (which includes hot fixes 2 and 3).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello OneMoreUserName,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

There was an issue with attached files that had names longer than 15 characters (the attachment would be removed), could that be the issue you are seeing?  If it is, it was addressed with the Service Pack 1 Hot Fix 4 update.  Here is information for updating to the current build:

- How to apply Service Pack 1: KB Article 27290

To then add the Hot Fix 4

- How to apply Service Pack 1 Hot Fix 4: KB Article 27440

If this is not the issue, can you provide some further details to the situation:

- confirm using ACT! Internet Mail (no integration with Outlook)

- are you able to attach the file or is there an error attaching?

- does the e-mail send successfully (but without attachment), or does it fail to send?

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the advice.

The update titled "Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 4 " says during installation "This update does not apply to this version of ACT!, please verify you have the correct update". What now?

To answer your questions:

- Yes, I'm using ACT! Internet Mail without Outlook

- I can attach files just fine, and files that are nor pdf can be sent without problem.

- When I remove the pdf attachment, the email will be sent

- The length of the file name does not seem to play a role.

Thanks for you help!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Did you apply the Service Pack 1 prior to trying to apply the Hotfix?  I believe that is a pre-requisite.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com

The SP1 update, which is one and a half years old, comes with hotfix 1. My version includes hotfix 2. I therefore conclude that SP1 is already part of my installation. If that's not the case, then I just bought a piece of outdated software and will return it.

What I tried to install is called "Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 4", so it's SP1 and Hotfix 4 in one package. That's what is says, see http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Pro-2011-Product-Downloads.html

My conclusion is therefore that my software already included SP1 and hotfix 2. Please advise if this is not correct. Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

As you indicated in your first post - the build you currently have installed is V13.0.  That build is pre Service Pack 1.  With SP1 installed the build will be V13.1.  The update for Service Pack 1 includes Hot Fix 1, but does not include Hot Fix 2, 3, or 4. 

Note: Hot fixes are specific to builds.  Build 13.0 will have it's own set of Hot Fixes (ex: 1 and 2) and build 13.1 will have it's own hot fixes (1, 2, 3, and 4). 

I can see that it can be confusing but the hot fixes are generally kept separate from the Service Pack updates to allow flexibility for the varying customer environments. 

For your installation, you will need to first install the Service Pack 1 update (which includes hot fix 1) and then apply the current hot fix 4 (which includes hot fixes 2 and 3).

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you Greg,

Both fixes are aplied and the problem appears to be solved. Sending pdf attachments is still extremely slow while other attachments go much quicker. Not sure if this a problem with ACT, though, or something else. I'll post here if I find out anything else.

In the meantime, let's consider this problem solved.

Thanks again,

Guido

Re: ACT 10. Emails with attachments won't get sent

I am using ACT 10. Latest version.  , using Internet mail. On one pc I attach a PDF and the email goes out fine.  ON another PC if I attach a PDF, the program times-out before the email will be sent.  Both pc's are running windows 7.  Same settings on both.  Is there anyway to adjust ACT so it doesn't time out.

Appreciate any help.