Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails not attaching to Contacts

Emails not attaching to Contacts

My emails are not attaching to contacts and the show progress table says the contacts are not found in the database, yet I can scroll to the contact and manually attach the message.

Any idea why it isn't happening automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emails not attaching to Contacts

Hello Milwaukean,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. With the 11.1 update, the contact matching for email messages to contacts was changed to look for a match on the email address, so there may be an issue with the email address format. Are the messages not attaching on mail sent in Outlook or when you send through ACT! (click on email address in contact record), or neither? Also what version of ACT! and what version of Outlook are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

My version is ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4 and I am on Outlook 2007.  I can only send through Outlook as ACt uses Outlook as the email editor.  When I click on an email addy in ACT contact, Outlook comes up.

Thanks!

Check the History Queue folder in one of the following directories:

Windows XP: C:\Documents andSettings\(user name)\Application Settings\ACT\Act for Windows 12

Windows Vista/ Windows 7: C:\Users\(user name)\AppDate\Roaming\ACT\Act for Windows 12

Note: If you see any "Act for Windows(version#)" folders other that "Act for Windows 12", delete them

If the History Queue folder has files in it:

- Close ACT! and Outlook 

- Open your Task Manager

- Under the Processes tab, End Process on Act.Outlook.Service.exe

- Delete the entire contents of the History Queue folder

- Browse to the following directory: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows

- Locate the file Act.Outlook.Service.exe file and double-click it to turn the service back on (you can verify it's running in the Task Manager)

- Test sending an email from ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

If you delete the history, does it remove the queu of emails taht still need to be attached to the contacts?

Yes. If you don't want this to happen, you can cut those messages out, then put them back in a few at a time after you restarted the Act.Outlook.Service.exe. You will need to wait until the queue is empty before pasting back into next group.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

I ended Act.Outlook.Service.exe, then restarted it (without shutting down Outlook or Act), and it popped back up and attached 280 messages dating back a couple weeks.  

Might be worth trying before deleting your history. 

Copper Super Contributor

Hi all

I have a similar issue and now have over 500 emails in the side bar widget most came from a mail merge i did in Word 2007 and it looks like it has put     "     around the email address and as such it has not attached, any ideas on this one guys????

I have tried adding     "    to the email address in Act but it does not work

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Bronze Contributor

Jason I would normally suggest this is fromemails sent using the Exchange cache rather than coming from ACT directly. If you have some of these in your sent box you could check if the SMTP address is actually in the email or it is an exchange type address.

If you have so many in the "to be attached" I believe there are some instructions in the knowledge base on how to move all of these and add them back a small number at a time to resolve

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that, i dont run an Exchange server, so is that still possible??

And yes i still have a lot of them in my Sent emails

I just did a small Word mail merge after fixing one issue i thought may have caused this but nope still not work, interestingly this time it did not add them to the "to be attached" widget, that had to be done via the Quick Attach button

Ok another UPDATE:

For interest sake i decided to create new ACT Contact from the widget just to see what it put in the email field... well it didn't, came up with blank details and put my first name and email in its place as the record holder, So i think you may be onto something with this SMTP stuff any way you could direct me to more information???

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6