Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails not attaching to ACT from Outlook 2003

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Emails not attaching to ACT from Outlook 2003

Hello

We have one user in the office who is not able to attach emails to ACT records from Outlook 2003.  He has all the ACT function buttons appearing in Outlook and when you click to attach to ACT you get the whole window pop up where you select the client.  We do it and it appears all is well and there are no error messages, but when you go into ACT the email is not there

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emails not attaching to ACT from Outlook 2003

Hello,

There is could be more than one reason why this is happening:

Act.Outlook.Service.exe not running

Check under the Processes tab in his Task Manager and see if this service is running. If not then browse the ACT1 program folder (by default is C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows), locate the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file and double-click it. Then check the Task Manager again to make sure the service is running

History Queue folder backed up

Browse the following location on his computer:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Windows user name)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows (version #).

In this directory, locate the History Queue folder and delete all files. Open any folders (Errors, Holding, etc.) in here as well and delete their contents.

See if these suggestions help.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

There is could be more than one reason why this is happening:

Act.Outlook.Service.exe not running

Check under the Processes tab in his Task Manager and see if this service is running. If not then browse the ACT1 program folder (by default is C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows), locate the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file and double-click it. Then check the Task Manager again to make sure the service is running

History Queue folder backed up

Browse the following location on his computer:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Windows user name)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows (version #).

In this directory, locate the History Queue folder and delete all files. Open any folders (Errors, Holding, etc.) in here as well and delete their contents.

See if these suggestions help.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If not fixed by what Greig suggests and if it is ACT! 2007 or earlier it could be because you have selected Word as the email editor in Outlook.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

The exe file wasnt running. Working now

Thanks so much

Karyn

Hi,

I have Outlook 2003 and I run ACT version 11.  I followed both steps below, but neither worked.

1)  I went and found Act.Outlook.Service.exe (CONFIG File) and double-clicked it and went to Processes.  I did not see it there, so I clicked it again and saw that it tried to create ActSage.exe again (which is already listed), then went away.

2)  I went to C:\Documents and Settings\(My windows username)\(Application Data was not there)\ACT for Windows (version#)....but then I could not find the History Queue folder....

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Pete

Bronze Elite Contributor

Uninstall and reinstall ACT! with Administrative rights.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Hi,

Thank you for your response.  I ended-up installing ACT 11.1 update before I saw your message and it somewhat worked....I went to the contact I was trying to attach email to history and I saw that the email has now been attached 3 times.....I saw an Icon in my lower right of my inbox with an attachment clip with some sort of red x....I clicked it and tried to process over 50 messages....ran it until it was done...closed out...still saw red x...ran it again and again until it gave me some sort of error message....over max data dll or something...my problem is I cannot see that icon anymore and I cannot reproduce the error message.  I tried to do a test message from clicking the email in ACT and I tried attaching to ACT from Outlook again, but neither are being recorded.

I would uninstall and reinstall ACT! with administrative rights as suggested below, but I am worried about losing my current database...I would uninstall, then reinstall with my original software CD? 

Other points to note....my "attach to history" has been working for 6 months...I don't know why it is not working now....other considerations....I have installed Swiftpage for ACT....which allows me to do mass email through ACT and has created Swiftpage icons in my ACT....."attach to history" had been working with this, but not sure what I will lose with Swiftpage if I reinstall.  The only other thing I can think of that could affect my Outlook/ACT was I downloaded something called "Contact Capture" by Broadlook Technologies that pulls contact info from outlook and imports to ACT....not sure if that could have caused this....

Sorry for the long message, but really trying to solve this!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete