Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails generated from Contact Page not attaching to history: ACT! v16; Outlook 2013; Windows 7

Copper Contributor

Emails generated from Contact Page not attaching to history: ACT! v16; Outlook 2013; Windows 7

When I click on an email address in a Contact Page email address field and send an email (Outlook opens up) - no history shows in the Hostory tab.

I have set up (Tools>Preferences>Email and Outlook Sync> Email System Setup) with Outlook as the default email system to use with ACT! Also, my ACT! database (database-name.pad) is listed as the ACT! database to add to Outlook. Email subject and message is selected to be recorded. 

I've closed down Outlook and ACT! and restarted - still no history.

I've looked at other listings on the forum but they don't help.

Can anyone help with this? Many thanks!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Emails generated from Contact Page not attaching to history: ACT! v16; Outlook 2013; Windows 7

Not sure that this matters, but what are your settings under the Admin tab of your preferences page?

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
Copper Contributor

Re: Emails generated from Contact Page not attaching to history: ACT! v16; Outlook 2013; Windows 7

"Allow history creation for emails sent from a user of this database to another user" is checked.

"Allow history editing" is checked.

Additional point of interest - Outlook crashed, complaining that ACT! plug-in causing 5.647second delay in browser. (Heavy, or what?) May be unrelated.....

Copper Contributor

David Shaw has shown me offline how to fix this problem - thankyou David.