Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails downloaded from server then disappeared

Emails downloaded from server then disappeared

I need some help!

After being unable to access my computer for a week, I came back and downloaded my messages from the server to Act by clicking send/Receive.  I saw the emails go through the process but they never appeared in my Inbox.  They are not anywhere to be found.  Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emails downloaded from server then disappeared

linnfdurbin,

Please see your Private Messages on this board (yellow envelope in upper right).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have a similar issues with one of my users.

I am the IT Admin and I had a user that went out a year ago and bought ACT! and is currently upgraded and running 2009.

For a year no issues with using just the ACT! email client. Then changed it from an smtp/pop account to a IMAP so he could also get the emails on his PDA.

From that point forward his emails have been disappearing. I don't mean just a few emails, I mean ALL emails vanish. I thought the user was messing with settings. I installed OUTLOOK 7 on his computer and tried to use the two applications as suggested in the forum. Still kept having issues with the email. The application (ACT!) progressively started to lock up more and delete his emails completely for ACT!. His computer using ACT! got to the point I bought him a brand new laptop. 5 days into using it with ACT!.... BAM! No emails in ACT! This time I was not using OUTLOOK 7, AND was back to using the smpt/pop settings. It was how the user preferred to use the application. On top of all it, the email client locks up ACT! completely when trying to exit the email client.

I don't have the resources to babysit an applications like this. Nothing worse than having a sales/marketing person lose all of their emails. You can imagine the phone call!

I personally used ACT! in the past. Good product. But the email client is not stable at all and I can't support a product like this. I need a valid working solution to this. I see post like this on the forum but NO solution. I need solutions.

system in question

4.2 GHz Intel

3 BG RAM

Windows XP Pro SP3

IE 8.0

OUTLOOK 7 Basic

Joe

No one can assist on this?

Joe

Platinum Elite Contributor

What do you currently have setup for email for the client? An Internet Mail connection using the ACT! Email Client? Please elaborate when you say emails are disappearing. Are you saying that at one point the emails are listed in the ACT! Email client and then at another point they are not? If so, are the emails being removed from the email server as well (if the user access his email account through the Web, can he see the messages that disappeared in ACT! Email?). Also, you may try having the user disable their antivirus software and see if that makes a difference.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I also had this happen -returned from vacation - started email (internet), act pop up read downloading 3 of 76 when I walked away, came back to review - woosh - gone - I have 9/2/09 emails and the 9/5/09 emails & nothing in between - any chance I'll recover these?  Version:  ACT! for Real Estate Version 10.0.1.199  Thanks!

Try following the steps below.

1.  Close ACT!.
2.  Go to Start and select Run
3.  Type %appdata% and click Ok.
4.  Browse down to ACT\ACT for Windows 10
5.  Select and copy preferencesbak.xml
6.  Open Preferences folder and paste preferencesBak.xml
7.  Delete all USpreferences206.xml files
8.  Rename preferencesBak.xml to USpreferences206.xml
9.  Open ACT! and see if your emails are retrieved.

Followed your directions.

Did not retreive the mia emails.  And it happened again today.  ARgh!

Glad to try again - any alternatives?

tks

Please call support.  They will be able to retrieve the missing internet emails.

I too also am having the same problem with my ACT 2010. All my email since a few days ago has just poofed and is no where to be found. Our mail connection is though POP and I can not recover it.

I tried the prefrences backup change but had no luck.

I would love to call support but the only time I have had latley is during the weekends, which they are closed. 

Could someone from the ACT support email/PM me instructions?

- Sean