Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails attaching as attachments to history instead of text

Emails attaching as attachments to history instead of text

[ Edited ]

Email history finally completely gave up when using Outlook 2003 after being on/off for a while so I decided to try to switch over to using ACT Email Client.  

The history is being attached but it is attaching the email itself as an attachment so now I don't have the nice overview of my email conversations.  Tried to see if there's any settings but can't find anything.

It shouldn't be this hard having a record of your email conversations should it ?  It's been a struggle and flaky for nearly 10 years and I'm about to give up on ACT.  If anybody has a solution that works reliably, please let me know.

Using Act Pro 18 and Windows 10 with Outlook 2003

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Emails attaching as attachments to history instead of text

[ Edited ]

Try act4outlook

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Ok, I solved this.  At some point during my trial and errors the following got Checked in Admin Setup

[] Allow e-mail messages to be attached to this database

EmailAttach.PNG

Administrator

Hi Hackermeister,

The setting you pictured is one that affects all users of the database.

This setting can also be adjusted on an individual basis during the Email System Setup Wizard. Selecting to record "E-mail subject, message and all attachments" will record the entire message as an attachment. Selecting either of the two options directly above this will allow you to preview the text of the email within the history of Act!.

Act!_2017-05-08_13-54-58.png

That's the one I originally thought I had messed up but that was not the case here.

Just wanted to finish this thread by giving Act4Outlook a plug (thanks David Shaw).  I have tried it for 2 weeks now and it has worked great for me so i just purchased it and hopefully it will keep on working.