Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails Report

Emails Report

Hi. I'm disappointed of ACT! Pro 2013. Using the history summary report, I try to obtain the total of emails sent. In the default 'history summary classic', I can't add a field that totalizes the emails. This report totalizes calls, meetings... and letters. Letters! Hey Guys, we are in the 21st century and EVERYBODY use email. It's really basic, isn't? What is your solution? I'm tired to waste my time with that software. And please, don't suggest me to use an addon from Crystal Report or any other third party. Why will I pay 150$ for that simple feature?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emails Report

The History Summary Classic report cam be easily modified to change one of the existing tracked items to email tracking. Modifying the report to add columns is more complex because it involves adding the associated VB scripts for each column. I've done a custom rewrite of the HSC report, a portrait version with 5-tracking columns and an 8-tracking column landscape version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy. Thanks for your help. I was on a rush and... impatient. I try to convince my boss to go with ACT! and I have to create a simple demo. Email to our customers is the main way to reach them. So, a summary of total emails sent will be an excellent argument. I do not understand why this so obvious and simple action is so complicated to get. You said you've done a custom rewrite of the HSC report. Where is it available? Have a nice day. Roger

Platinum Elite Contributor

See your private messages

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129