Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails Not Recorded in History

Emails Not Recorded in History

ACT Ver. 11.  Emails sent in ACT through Outlook 2003 do not record in ACT history for target contacts.

Procedure:  While in ACT record for recipient contact, with Outlook loaded, click ACT Email button.  Outlook message email new pops up, addressed to contact.  Insert Subject and text and click send.  Email sent.  But no record in ACT contact history.

Tried to delete and reload ACT contact database in Outlook per suggestion in an earlier thread.  No help there.

Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Emails Not Recorded in History

This has been a sore spot for many ACT! users.  One thing I have found is that Outlook, especially 2003, will not close properly.  If you open Outlook and do not see the ACT! icons (near the menus/toolbars), then ACT! and Outlook are not talking to each other.  This assumes that you have the email integration already set up by going to Tools/Preferences/Email.  If the icons are not present, close Outlook.  Then go to the Task Manager (ctrl + alt + del) and go to the Processes tab.  Then find Outlook, and end the process.  When you get the warning that ending the process may cause problems, go ahead and say OK.  Then reopen Outlook.  Hope that helps.

Brenda Dixon
Dixon Consulting Solution
404-405-4116

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Bronze Super Contributor

While I do not have empircal data to back this up, I have found subjectively that Outlook 2003 and Act! seem to work better together if you always open Outlook first when loading up the PC...

Thank you.  I do have the ACT icons in Outlook.  Unfortunately, the emails I send through ACT are not recorded in ACT contact history.

Thank you for the response.  Outlook opens automatically when the PC boots.  Then I load ACT manually.  Still no ACT history for emails sent from ACT through Outlook. 
Copper Elite Contributor

Agree about opening Outlook before Act. I don't use the email button on the Contact toolbar, I always click on the email adress in the contact record (which should show as a hyperlink) to bring up the Outlook email to contact. Works for Act9 contact history, so may work in 11 too. Sometimes it is slow to show in the history, but View/Refresh should bring it up. Sometimes I need to reply to an incoming contact email, in which case I reply in Outlook, but use the Attach to Act Contact button on the Outlook email toolbar for both the incoming email and the reply.