Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails Deleted

Emails Deleted

Every so often...no specific time frame or reason...all of my emails in my inbox disappear?  Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Re: Emails Deleted

What version of ACT! and email system are you using?

using ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1, using the ACT! email

I'm assuming that you're using internet email.  Call technical support, they will be able to retrieve the missing emails and look into why the issue keeps reoccurring.

I currently don't have a tech contract so who should I call for help without getting stuck in a maze of press this and press that.

Here's the deal, we are a small growing company.  We are looking to have one software for three managers to use as a central database.  So far Act! has moved to the bottom of the list because of this email issue and we are looking at other options. I've seen this issue documented all over this forum and several other blogs online but there doesn't seem to be a well documented solution.  My feeling is, this is obviously a problem Sage should know about and I shouldn't have to pay for technical support for a problem that has affected so many users and should be addressed by Sage.  If you can have someone help me fix this without having to pay for a new tech support contract we will be more likely to choose Act! for the other users and as we continue to grow.  Someone can call me at (401) 624-1466.

Nickel Contributor

Act includes an email editor but is not a complete email system, nor was it designed to be. The messages that your not seeing are still in the message store database, but sql occaisionaly changes the store ID used for your current mailbox. You'll never lose another message if you integrate with Outlook instead of relying on act email.

They shouldn't bother putting the emailnproduct out if that's the case....just sell it as Act with outlook integration.  I'm looking at outlook and outlook with business contact management and scraping ACT all together.

Nickel Contributor

The email editor is included as a courtesy for those who do not have another integration option. It is an email editor, not an email client, the difference is significant. Good luck w/ BCM.

Losing the link to internet email can be caused by an number of things - profile issue, application crash, improper shutdown of the computer, Windows updates, etc...

I am unable to find your record, please PM me your customer ID or email address that you used to register the ACT! software.  You can send a PM by clicking here.