Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails, Attachments, Outlook and Act 2012

MDO

Emails, Attachments, Outlook and Act 2012

When I send an email in Outlook, the email automatically attaches to the contact as expected. However, the behavior of the History isn't what I expect.

If I choose Email, Subject, and Message in the Preferences Dialog Box, everything shows up and I can "preview" the email in the box on the right.

If I choose Email, Subject, Message and All Attachments, there is NO preview. The email is saved as a .msg file and I need to click it to view it. It forgos the quick view that comes in handy.

Is this normal? How do I keep the attachments while maintaining the quick view in History?

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Emails, Attachments, Outlook and Act 2012

What you are experiencing is correct.  I don't know of any way to combine the best of both worlds using the built-in Outlook integration.  However, DesignR1 offers a low-cost addon that does what you're asking - subject and body into the Details so you can preview it, and attachment as a paper-clip icon so you can open it.  It does lots of other neat things that ACT! doesn't.

http://bit.ly/MGiM5T

Signature
MDO

Re: Emails, Attachments, Outlook and Act 2012

Thanks Kevin. I recall it used to work that way in Act 6. I guess I'll take a look at that solution. Appreciate the response.