Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailing preconfigured template with subject, body and attachment already pre-done.

Emailing preconfigured template with subject, body and attachment already pre-done.

In ACT, I have looked at that mail merge option and searched the posts but I still can not find a solution to sending an email template with all the information configured.

I would select a contact to send an email template.

I would select the template I want with the following already completed and attached:

The email subject line would already be pre-written in the email template being sent.

The email body would be pre-written with several field codes merged.

A pre-selected PDF is already attached to the template email.

Is there a place in ACT where I can store preconfigured templates like the template I described above that would allow me to just choose the one that I need. The mail merge method requires a number of steps to achieve the above and I am hoping there is a quick way. I have been using an old basic version of Goldmine for years and this feature was standard. I would be dissappointed if this contact manager could not accomplish this.

Your imput will be appreciated.

Thanks,

PH

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emailing preconfigured template with subject, body and attachment already pre-done.

When you use the Mail Merge option, you can add the subject and an attachment during the merge wizard, but there is not a way to set up a template that can do the subject and an attached file. There may an add-on product that can do this. Please see our add-on site at http://sagepss.com

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Emailing preconfigured template with subject, body and attachment already pre-done.

[ Edited ]

This is just one of the many features that has been asked for repeatedly by users, and has been ignored by Sage.

I just upgraded to ACT 11 (not by choice) because I had upgraded my Outlook to 2010, and discoverd that ACT 10 did not support Outlook 2010.   I was hoping to find lots of improvements in ACT 11 as a bonus, but have found none.  It's just the same old same old.

They seem to spend all their time fussing about how to make their program better, but spend little time improving the simple  things like the one mentioned in this post.  Needless to say, I am disappointed in the way Sage is handling this product since they acquired it.  I have been an ACT user for 20 years and have seen it evolve from the cool little DOS product that Pat and Mike developed,  to the bloated mess that it is today.

Oh, and there is no third party add-on solution that I can find.  If there was, I would by it.

Pam Anders

Phoenix, AZ

Copper Contributor

Just to get my 2 cents in here...

When I upgraded to 2011, I did so in part because of the advent of "Smart Tasks". Seems that sending out standardized emails with attachments is what that's all about. Now that this feature is in Act, can someone tell me if there's a way to use these to send a pre-formatted email that has a subject line, merge fields, and attachments all in a standardized email that can be sent automatically?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Copper Contributor

I too have been trying to work out how to set up an email that contains pdf attachments as a standard template. As ACT doesn't seem to cater for this, I have started looking at "WORK AROUNDS". I am now experimenting with having the file actually in the body of the email aswell as having graphics with a hyperlink to pages on our website. I feel it is a real let down for a CRM not to be capable of doing such simple tasks without a "WORK AROUND", but it'll have to do for now I guess.