Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailing from Outlook using ACT database

Emailing from Outlook using ACT database

I am using ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162 and Office 2003. When I send an email from Outlook and use the To.... button in the email page, the ACT database comes up and the names are shown as "Mr. & Mrs. Fred Jones", not by last name. Obviously this makes lookups in this screen very difficult since the search is on the salutation. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Emailing from Outlook using ACT database

I'm not suggesting ACT 10.0 is the answer, but I'm using Outlook 2003 with ACT 10.0, and I am not having this issue.  One question though, do you have the "Mr. and Mrs" as part of the contacts "name" in the database? 

Wes

No, it is not part of the name. Using my previous example, "Mr. & Mrs. Fred Jones", if I go to the contact field and press F2 to see the contact name, it will show First name: Fred and Last name: Jones. It does recognize the "Mr. & Mrs." as the salutation.

Thanks for your help. 

Sorry I couldn't help more than I did.  I jumped from 7.0 to 10.0, so I'm not really familiar with your version.  But I can tell you that 10.0 totally intetegrates with Outlook and performs well.  It uses the email address you have stored in the contact record unless you choose to select your Outlook address book.  Have a Mr or Mrs in an email address simply wouldn't be possible.

Platinum Elite Contributor