Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Email

Just upgraded from Act 2006 to Act 2009 version 11. Trying to decide on email whether Outlook or Act Email. Previously used act email with Outlook Express. I use the Companies screen often and I can attach emails to contact but find it hard to attach email to a company from Outlook.  Each company has maybe 1 or 2 contacts with many emails coming from people that I do not need their contact. Is there a way to use outlook and attached to company without creating a contact from that person sending me the email? Act Email allows to right click email and attached to company, contact, etc....  Another issue is can I drag and drop old emails from act email into Outlook if I choose to use it?

Trying to use Outlook becasue I was told it is easier to use with Act.

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jabmk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email

If you are integrating with Outlook, it is best to have Outlook open as it makes it easier for ACT! to access it and vice versa.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

In order to attach emails to Company records, you would need to use the ACT! Email client. You can use this in conjunction with Outlook...ACT! Email will just mirror your Outlook mailbox. When you go through the Email Setup Wizard (under the Email tab in Preferences), you would select Microsoft Outlook as the email system and ACT! Email Client as you email editor.

In answer to your question about moving old emails from ACT! Email to Outlook, you can do that by checking both Outlook and Outlook Express in the Email Setup Wizard. That way the folders for both systems will display in the folder tree in ACT Email so you can just drag and drop messages from the Outlook Express folders to the Outlook folders.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Do they both have to be open or can I just click on the Act emali icon to start?

Thanks for the help

Solution
Accepted by topic author jabmk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

If you are integrating with Outlook, it is best to have Outlook open as it makes it easier for ACT! to access it and vice versa.

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

I think I'm getting squared away on the email template situation, with just one more question. On the top line to the far right of Sage ACT! (2011) logo, there is an E-mail button. When I use it to send a single email to one contact, it pops up an email message in Outlook 2007 without the contact's name, company etc. How can I configure this default email to have the contact's info already in the message?
Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to customize the default e-mail template.  That is only available through the mail merge process. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Incorrect email shown in "from" when I send email

When I write an email from act (using outlook) it is using my old email as the "from".  I can do dropdown box and get correct email but how do I get the new email to automatically show as "from"?

Re: Incorrect email shown in "from" when I send email

Do you have the correct from email address as your email address on your My record? 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I appologoze but I think my record is just in act under lookup and my record correct??  I changed that "my record" last week and it still shows "from" the incorrect (old) email when I write an email.

I have developed a new php Script. Which can send prewritten automatic emails to contacts from web info tab. You can just select the email and click send. the contact will receive immeadiately.