Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email uses incorrect record manager

Email uses incorrect record manager

Hi, I'm using Act 2009 on 7 networked computers. We have 7 licences and 7 users. We have configured it to record emails sent through Outlook, ie the email gets attached to the sender's Act record, as long as the sender is in Act. This works fine on most of the PCs and for most users but for some reason the record manager is recorded incorrectly when I use it. So the email that I have sent to a contact is recorded in the correct Act contact record, but it displays the record manager as one of our other users (always the same one). So it looks as though my colleague has sent the email, rather than me. Any suggestsions as to what's causing this? I am an Act Administrator, and my colleague is "only" an Act Manager.

Thanks

David

Re: Email uses incorrect record manager

It sounds like you used the other person's user name when you configured the ACT! address book. You can verify or change the user name by following the directions below.

1. From Outlook, go to Tools > E-mail Accounts. 
  2. Select View or change existing directories or address books and click Next.
  3. Select ACT! Address Book and click Change.
  4. Select your database and click Edit. 
  5. Restart Outlook if you changed the user name.

Hi David, thanks very much for your reply, I've tried what you said, in fact it was already configured to my name, but now it doesn't record anything at all when I send an email.

Any suggestions what to do now?

Thanks

David

Hi again David, I've fiddled around with this and I ended up removing the link altogether between Act and Outloook. I then rebooted and set the link up again via Act. I'm sure I've done it correctly, but now nothing gets recorded at all when I send an email. And in Outlook, I used to have little Act icons on the toolbar which allowed me to create a new Act user from an email, or to manually add an email to an Act record. But they have disappeared too. I'm obviously missing something, but I can't see what! Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

Sorry, just realised that I posted a reply to my own message, which probably means that you wouldn't see it. So I've posted again as a reply to your message.

Hi again David, I've fiddled around with this and I ended up removing the link altogether between Act and Outloook. I then rebooted and set the link up again via Act. I'm sure I've done it correctly, but now nothing gets recorded at all when I send an email. And in Outlook, I used to have little Act icons on the toolbar which allowed me to create a new Act user from an email, or to manually add an email to an Act record. But they have disappeared too. I'm obviously missing something, but I can't see what! Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

Try going through the following KB article.

ACT! Icons Missing From Outlook® Tool Bar

Hi, OK, thanks I'll give that a go and see what happens

Cheers

David

Hi again David, I'm really sorry but I've tried everything in the KB article that you gave me the link to and I still can't get it to work. As far as I can see I've set it up correctly, but there is now just no link at all between Act and Outlook.

It's only happening on the PC that we use as a terminal server, which is running Windows Server 2003. All the other client PCs are running Windows XP. Is there by any chance a bug or something that is affecting Windows Server 2003?

When I log on to one of the client PCs it works fine, no problem at all. But from the Terminal Server I have no way of attaching my sent emails to the relevant Act record.

Thanks

David

Are you logging in as an admin TS user?  If you log into the server locally as an admin, do you get the same issue?

Hi David

I wasn't an administrator when logging on remotely but I am now.

I've tried now and it makes no difference. What I have found is that it doesn't work for me on any of the computers. But it works for everyone else. If I try to set up the link on any of our computers (when logged on as me) I get an error message saying "The account you have added is not full configured. It might not work properly until re-configured correctly"

So it seems to be me!! If I log on to any of the computers as a different user it works fine. Aaaaaaghhh!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

David