Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email to Groups

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Email to Groups

This is either a real easy thing to do because no one has seemed to mention it in the forums, or it cannot be done.

I am using Act! 2009, ver. 11.1.183.0, integrated with Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP.

I want to send an email to a group I have created in Act!, with their addresses all in the BCC field so they do not see everyone who receives it.

I find I can select each one individually, but with a large group, that is rather cumbersome. Is there a way to send to the entire group?

Dale

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RichB4U
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Email to Groups

Dale if you right click on the group and create a lookup then you can do a mail merge to each of the contacts individually.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RichB4U
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Dale if you right click on the group and create a lookup then you can do a mail merge to each of the contacts individually.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

What if i want to send it to selected people in the group?  or put some of them in blind cc?  In previous versions, you could pull up the group, and select individually.

This all or nothing situation is frustrating.

Thanks,

Terry

Copper Contributor

I too would like to have just the group in a given field (To or BCC) instead of all the names. It allows me to do this if I use the Act Email Editor, but then it either freezes or doesn't attach to the history (tried the update and hotfixes to no avail).