Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email setup

Email setup

RE: ACT 2008.
Is there a link for step by step instructions for email setup?  The "wizzard"  which promises to "allow you to configure ACT! to utilize your email system" doesn't do it for me.  Under "Select an email system" I have one choice: "Internet Mail".  After clicking this selection I go to the next window, which is completely blank.  There are no choices to select.  There is no "help" button to help advise me on where to find the information you are looking for.  There is no explanation as to why ACT! is not able to find the email system on my computer.  I looked up support and it pointed me back to the un"Wizzard".  I do not use Outlook.  There was no mention on the ACT! box insisting that I own/use Outlook in order to have email capabilities.  Any help would be appreciated.
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Email setup

[ Edited ]
What Version of Outlook?

Message Edited by RealTimeAct on 02-16-2008 11:14 AM
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

I am having problem with word processor not running. when I go to email a popup says wordprocessor nor running. I have tried to set us email and there are no email systems in the emailsetup wizard. I surrently use Outlook. I have had act for years and this is on my laptop which was working and I have no idea what might have created this. can someone assist me Thanks Judy
Platinum Elite Contributor

rkjeffery wrote:
RE: ACT 2008.
Is there a link for step by step instructions for email setup?  The "wizzard"  which promises to "allow you to configure ACT! to utilize your email system" doesn't do it for me.  Under "Select an email system" I have one choice: "Internet Mail".  After clicking this selection I go to the next window, which is completely blank.  There are no choices to select.  There is no "help" button to help advise me on where to find the information you are looking for.  There is no explanation as to why ACT! is not able to find the email system on my computer.  I looked up support and it pointed me back to the un"Wizzard".  I do not use Outlook.  There was no mention on the ACT! box insisting that I own/use Outlook in order to have email capabilities.  Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't have Outlook or Outlook Express, you can set up Internet Email as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/27dcrz

Green-Rocket wrote:
I am having problem with word processor not running. when I go to email a popup says wordprocessor nor running. I have tried to set us email and there are no email systems in the emailsetup wizard. I surrently use Outlook. I have had act for years and this is on my laptop which was working and I have no idea what might have created this. can someone assist me Thanks Judy

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?
What version of Outlook/?

Hi

Having found this thread, I too, am having problems with adding any email account to ACT12.

I have outlook 2007 with several POP3 accounts configured and want to add these to ACT12

When I click on tools/preferences/email tab, then EMail system setup, and next, the 'Select the email system you want to use with ACT' is blank - there no options to  choose from.

Can you tell me a work around? or even whether this is an additional purchase from ACT needed to run this within ACT?

Thanks

Marc

ok - thanks - i'll give it a whirl and let you know.

Many thanks for the swift response.

Marc

ok - have managed to get this set up correctly in that I can send emails from ACT to a test account (yahoo email) but when I respond to the test email from ACT, the reply only goes to Outlook, and not back to ACT.

I can see from the ACT! email application that it replicates Outlook (albeit in a less fancier version, lets say) but can you confirm that i'm meant to see the sent items too? 

Also, can you tell me whether the ACT! Email will replicate all emails in Outlook or just from the date and time that the email system setup was actually configured in ACT!.

thanks

Marc

I would set it up to use Outlook as the email client if you can... much better

Did you set up ACT! to use Internet Mail (POP3/SMTP) or Outlook?