Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email on history tab problem

Email on history tab problem

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded from Act v7/2005 to Act v10/2008. We use currently Outlook 2003 for our email program.

In the previous version of Act when an email was attached to a contact the subject line appeared in the history tab and the email itself was an attachment that needed to be clicked on to be read. I have tried to keep this same email/attachment setup in Act 2008 but I have been unable to do so.

Currently whenever we attach an email the entire text of the email attaches to the contact and is listed in its entirety on the history tab. For long emails this takes up a lot of space, which is why we want to go with the previous method.

I have tried all of the options under 'Tools/Preferences/Email/Composing Options/History Options' but no matter which I choose it has no effect on the attachment style that occurs on the history tab. Is there another option or preference I should be looking at for this?

Message Edited by Denetti on 03-03-2008 01:11 PM

Re: Email on history tab problem

Anyone have any ideas?  No one else has had this problem?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yup, that's what it was.  Changed the prefererences at that location in Outlook and it was fixed.