Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email mail merge to Outlook stops at 25 records

Highlighted
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email mail merge to Outlook stops at 25 records

This fix was just uncovered last week. If you have not attempted running the BAT file in the article, I recommend you do so to see if it will resolve the issue.
Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry to say this did not work for me.  There was a similar (or exact) fix proposed a long time ago like this one which didn't work either.  No one wants a fix more than I do as I do a monthly email blast which requires me to do the method I described in an above work around. 

BTW if you notice in the post it says "This issue is currently under investigation".  I haven't heard from them and they were communicating with me occasionally to try things.  I would have hoped if they found a fix that they would have alerted me.

FYI they seemed to think it had something to do with a "Microsoft Update" item that might have applied to Outlook.

Oh well.  Clearly a disappointment in ACT.

Please do post if a fix is identified.  Thanks for trying anyway.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

The fix you emailed worked !!!!!! (on a test I did using the sample database)

Yes I am using ACT 2009 with Outlook 2003

The proof will be in the pudding when for next month I try and email

the newsletter out without doing the crazy changes and getting to use

the Word editor !

Stay tuned but I think the new redemption.dll file did the trick !

Now find a way to blast it out to everyone that has this product !!!  That would

be the kind and proper thing to do not just waiting for them to stumble on it

in the knowledgebase !!!

I appreciate your help on this.

Question though.  Based on the "techies" original thoughts that a Windows

Update to something (maybe outlook) caused this could it happen again ?  Any

recommendations on avoiding it ???

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Jon,

Thank you for the update!  Glad to hear it has resolved your issue. 

For others experiencing the issue and the bat file has not resolved the issue, the fix was to take the redemption.dll file from ACT! 2011 and replace the existing one.  Then using the bat file in the article to register it.  The article will be updated with these steps for versions of ACT! prior to 2011.

We know of no reason to stop applying Windows Updates in your normal manner.

All Community posts concerning this issue have been updated with the new article, so all members active within those posts have been notified of the article.

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

where can i get that article. I am having the same issue concerning 25 at a time
Highlighted

Hello Adammtg,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is a link to the article: KB Article 28237

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

We are having this problem with ACT 2012 Premium and Outlook 2010.  Is this problem still not fixed in 2012?  What is the resolution?

Highlighted

Hello Kwbgs,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The issue occurs when a there is a conflict with a particular file (redemption.dll); here is an article with steps to resolve it: KB Article 28237

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Greg, thanks for your response.  Frankly, I'm a little concerned about asking my user to rename and register DLLs as the chance for really fouling things up seems large.  I don't understand why this fix was not incorporated in ACT 2012, especially since this problem has been around since 2009.  Wouldn't a normal fix through the update process be more appropriate?

Also, I called support yesterday and they sent an email to me as follows:

- I was informed that it is a known issue with AVG and Outlook on sending email merge.

- currently there is no work around other than to disable AVG
- or use the act email program for sending a mail merge

AVG is the anti-virus software running on the client.  We have not tried anything yet since we think it's important for Sage to give us a consistent answer.  Please let me know how Sage plans to resolve this.

Thanks ... Dave

Highlighted

Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about conflicting information, and understand your concern.  The person you spoke with is in the Customer Service department, not Techncal Support and may have mis-understood the situation (there is an issue where AVG can stop a mail merge from processing - it would display an AVG specific error, not stop at 25).  I will follow up with them to ensure they are aware of this information.

We have successfully resolved all known occurrances of this issue by replacing the dll (using the article referenced earlier). 

Greg Martin
Sage