Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email in Outlook 2003 must be manually forwarded

Copper Contributor

Email in Outlook 2003 must be manually forwarded

I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro with Norton 2010.  All products are fully patched and up-to-date - this is a 'clean installation' as of last week so gremlins should be at a minimum.  The hardware is a quad core Intel -- plenty of ram, disk space, and processing power.  Outlook is stand-alone -- no exchange server involved.

I've installed ACT! 2010 (like it very much) but I'm finding that in most cases when I send an email it gets 'stuck' in the outbox.  The header line is not in italics as if it had been marked 'read' and the email won't be sent -- automatically or manually.

To force the send I have to click on 'Forward' and then send.  A duplicate email is created and sent without difficulty.  I then have to delete the original email manually from the outbox.

I've duplicated the problem on my personal laptop.  Only when ACT! 2010 is installed do I encounter this problem. 

Has anyone else encountered this?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Email in Outlook 2003 must be manually forwarded

We have clients with the same configuration - on difference being the Norton.

You might try turning off the Norton email scanning tool temporarily to see what that does...  It could be getting tripped up by the Act! and Outlook integration...

Copper Contributor

Re: Email in Outlook 2003 must be manually forwarded

Good suggestion...thinking along the same lines I had turned off the outgoing mail scan.  Same problem.

Per your suggestion I went the full Monty and turned Norton's off completely.  It's still not sending unless I go into the outbox, forward it, and then press send.  Not every time though -- it's an intermittent problem (~70% of the time).  I haven't been able to discern a pattern in what I'm doing, sending, or programs I have open.

I'm open to suggestions...