Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Email history not attaching to Contacts

Re: Email history not attaching to Contacts

I am having the same problems with emails not attaching to Act contacts. I have Act 13.1.111.0 hot fix 4, on a Windows 7 Pro system. Occasionally messages attach but not often. I am also unable to attach them manually as Attach to Act either reports it cannot access the act database, or it looks to be working correctly but still nothing appears in contact history. I have tried all the suggestions above but am still having problems, can anyone offer further advice?

Phil

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Phil,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your issue sounds like the 'Act.Outlook.service.exe' task may not be running.  Here is an article with instructions for checking this task, along with other troubleshooting steps: KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage

Having the same problem, and don't see "Act.Outlook.Service.exe" as a stand-alone in my computer; the word "config" appears with it.  Does this mean I have to re-install ACT?  This is strange b/c the program was working perfectly until yesterday. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

First check your Task Manager (under the Processes tab) to see if that service is running. If using ACT! 2012 the service will be called Sage.ACT.Integration.exe. For ACT! 2011 and below it is called ACT.Outlook.Service.exe. If the service for your version is not listed, then go to the ACT! program folder (C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows) locate the appropriate file for your version and double-click it to run. You will see 2 files for the service - click the one that does not have the "config" extension (the file type is Application).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

I checked the Task Manager, the service is  not running.  I use ACT! 2011, and the only item in the program files called ACT.Outlook.Service.exe inclues the "config" extension.  

Okay - it's suddenly working again, appearing in the Task Manager, but not in the program files.  As long as it works I'm not questioning it.

Thank you!

I have the problem.I'm using ACT!Mail I set to attach body and attachment to history but it doesn'happen.When I'm writing the email at history sut up option attach email,and file doesn't appear as an option. Any idea? I'm Act!2011 Premiun Hotfix 6
Copper Contributor

I had a simple resolution to this issue as it turns out. In our preferences for email, our default is "none" for ACT! History. I set everyone's machine to that default after finding that every email anyone writes was getting attached to their records and some of this was not for public viewing. So, when someone wants to attach an email, they write the email, click on the add-ins tab and select Attach to ACT! (and follow those directions) but also change the ACT! History drop down from "none" to "Email subject and message (recommended)." If we send an email from within ACT!, must do the same. It is not necessary (nor available) when doing it from the Sent Mail.  There a simple Attach to ACT! works.

Thanks for the discussion. 

I Have Outlook 2007, ACT 2011 pro.Having the same problems.

Directory:
C:\Users\"name"\AppData\Roaming\ACT

has two directories
1. ACT data
2. ACT For Windows13

When I am using Outlook this is what is happening
1. when clicking "Attach to ACT Contacts" icon, it access the ACT data base. I find the contact and attach it. It looks like it attaches, but when check with the act contact, the email is not attached.
2. On the aadd-ins side, "Attach to ACt! Contact" is not highlighted

whats going on here. please help. thanks.

Copper Contributor

I have since learned another thing about attaching. What was working no longer did. I have been upgraded to Act Premium v16 and we use Office 2010. I wasn't sure when this stopped working exactly. I no longer was asked by system if I wanted to save a merge document to history. What I had to do was go under Preferences | Admin | and select "Allow history creation for emails sent from a user of this database to another user." I had deselected that thinking I didn't want user to user saves but apparently it shut off all saving history.

Also, when doing a mail merge, I now must do the merge, then click on Add-ins, click on the drop down by Act! and select as appropriate to attach to history.

All seems to be working fine now. I hope this helps you.