Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email history in ACT 2009, Version 11.0.0.367

Email history in ACT 2009, Version 11.0.0.367

I have Act.outlook.service.exe running and which allows emails sent to be recorded under contact as historical record.

However, this executable file automatically terminates whenever I shut down or put my laptop computer into hibernation mode, and I lose the email archiving function as a result.  I have to reinitiate Act.outlook.service.exe each time on computer reboot or coming out of hibernation.

(I'm running MS XP Professional OS, and have corporate firewalls and antivirus suite installed)

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly?  Does anyone have a solution to keep Act.outlook.service.exe permanently active?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email history in ACT 2009, Version 11.0.0.367

Hello Tridacna,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

This process could be affected by your firewall and antivirus softwares, but the first place to check is the Startup configuration to ensure that the service is set to start up automatically after reboot. 

To do this:

- click on Windows Start button > select Run

- in command box enter 'MSConfig' > hit enter

The System Configuration Utility will display

- click on the Startup tab

- scroll through the list to find the Items named 'Act' - there should be one with the Command "C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe"

- ensure that the box is checked for this item

Apply the change and close the window.  You will be prompted for a reboot for the change to take effect  

Greg Martin
Sage