Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email histories - getting duplicates in history

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Email histories - getting duplicates in history

I'm using v20 Premium Web with latest upgrade.  I'm noticing when an email history goes into the contact record, it appears multiple times.  Usually 4 times.  

Susan 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author spsearch
‎06-26-2018 02:43 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Email histories - getting duplicates in history

I upgraded to 20.1 Update 6 and that seems to have resolved the duplicate email history issue.

Thank you to all who offered suggestions/advice.

Susan 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

27988 How to set preferences for Google and Gmail Integration in Act! 2013 through v20.0

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27988/kw/duplicate%20history

38991 How to set preferences for Google and Gmail Integration in Act! v20.1 and later

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38991/kw/duplicate%20history

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm using Outlook not Google. Is there another setting? I'm on ACT! Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5 This is a recent problem, maybe since the Update 5.

Administrator

Does it immediately create multiple records when attached, or do the duplicates come in over time?

Is this when you send emails and they are automatically attached, or when you're clicking quick attach - or both?

I'd recommend going into Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email system Setup.
Run through and disable the email integration, then restart Act! and run through and set it back up again.
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The reason for the problem is quite simple: using v20.1 enables a new way of attaching emails BUT the old way ist still active in parallel.

Look for a program called act.outlook.service.exe in your task manager. It is probably running. Disable the run key and reboot.

If the system was updated from a previous version the run key remains on your system. Unfortunately the obsolete act.outlook.service.exe is still part of the latest setup of v20.1. This "double feature" causes the problem.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Andreas

thanks so much but I still have the problem I found Act.outlook.servces in Task Manager and exited, then restarted the computer. I then tested an email and it duplicated.  

Administrator

IF you simply close the executable in task manager then it will restart again when you start you PC.

To stop this, you can remove it from the startup list by going to Task Manager > Startup tab > Right-click the exe > Disable
Copper Super Contributor

I disabled "32-bit Act.outlook.Service" and restarted the PC.  I'm still getting duplicates.

Nickel Super Contributor

Do you use a 64-bit Office version?

If yes, there is another RUN-key to be deleted.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

It may be worth reinstalling Act! to make sure this isn't just a faulty install.

Is there anything different about your Outlook set-up to normal? Do you use multiple Outlook profiles tied to the same email address - or any complicated addons?