Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email configuration in ACT 2011 Premium

GSM

Email configuration in ACT 2011 Premium

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm struggling with coming up with a workable email configuration. I'd really like to use IMAP but that's not an option. So I'd instead use POP, but our ISP does block port 25 traffic. Port 587 is available to me as an alternate but I see no way to change that in ACT. Is that correct or anyone have any ideas of a workaround?

Alternately, I could use Outlook but this machine's Outlook is already setup for another configuration. I can create a second profile in Outlook for ACT to use but I really want both email clients to be active at the same time. Plus, ACT does not seem willing to prompt for a profile to use but instead simply takes the active profile. So to make that work I have to exit and restart Outlook, select the ACT profile, then start ACT.

Any ideas?

Silver Contributor

Re: Email configuration in ACT 2011 Premium

There is not a way to change the port in ACT, it's set to port 25.  You could use multiple email accounts in outlook within the same profile. When you send out through your second address, that history can be recorded in ACT.   However, ACT is still going to send and integrate with the default profile.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

GSM

Re: Email configuration in ACT 2011 Premium

Thanks for that Jon. I realize that's a possibility in Outlook although I dislike doing it as invariably someone will send from the wrong account.