Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email a group report to the contacts associated with that group

Avid Listener

Email a group report to the contacts associated with that group

I have a group report with all the details that occurred with that group. I want to email it to all the members or contacts associated with the group.

When I create a lookup, the go to the group report, set destination as Email, the report is attached but no email addresses. Each of the contacts have a valid email address.

The contacts are included on the report (see Group Comprehensive for an example).

Any ideas?  I did search the forums for anything related prior to posting this request. Search on 'Report, email, group, etc.'

DBS
Avid Listener

Re: Email a group report to the contacts associated with that group

Clarity:

There are resources available for scheduling. Well, we need to see just the 'resource' on the calendar so we can look at the big picture and see that resource, when it is booked/used, when it is free, print it, take those prints to the meeting for future planning, evaluation, etc.

Having it just in the pretty screen is ok when you are behind a computer, but useless when you want to see the whole picture.

Consider having 2 conference rooms and your profit depends on them being booked at 50%. Now, let's go to a meeting to discuss the current outlook of all conference room bookings. How would you show all the member (no projectors allowed) what the current bookings look like? What is available? What could you move from a to b?

Thus, I'm looking for a calendar print out of  JUST the resources.

DBS
Avid Listener

From Graig Hollister 10/13/09 11:51 am est

Unfortunately, this is not a current feature of the calendar, since the resources are just activity supplements and have no record of their own on which to base a report. A workaround would be to add the resources as contacts in the database. When you schedule an activity, you would add that resource contact to the activity as well as the actual contact. You would then be able view and report on each resources "calendar" and "schedule", just as you would an actual contact.

DBS
Avid Listener

I worked it out by creating non-active users. This way I can easily filter them directly on the calendar, still schedule them, etc.

DBS