Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Validation - HELP!

Email Validation - HELP!

Ok, I am new to my company that over the last ten years have collected about 10,000 contacts that have interacted in some way with the company.

I am getting a large amount of bounce backs from email addresses that no longer exsist.

Is there anyway I can verify each email address in ACT! with a SMTP style validation?

If not, I can get the emails exported to a .csv and run a 3rd party software that can do this. If it works how do I get the mass amount of data back into ACT without hand typing it??

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

MTuey 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Validation - HELP!

I have Swiftpage...I was unaware they did this thing...I get reports when we send an email and it bounces back, but don't know if they can talk back to ACT and change the info.

Mindyou we are talking about 10,000 email addresses. Perhaps you can shed some light. I will give a call over to them and see what they say.

Thanks,

MTuey

Platinum Elite Contributor

Give the guys at SP a call... they should be able to help you with handling bounces

Well it's what I thought...There is no "easy" way. But I think I figured it out. I will let all of you know how and if it works.

I only have a limit of 4000 emails a day so I will have to break everyone into groups. 4 groups are better then 10,000 individual contacts.

Once I send out a generic email to these contacts, swiftpage will determine their status and then send the information back to my ACT database in the history portion of the Contact section. I should then be able to do an advanced query to locate all "invalid" emails in the history feild. Then I can delete all the email fields from that look up.

That should leave only valid emails in the email field...

Sound right... Ok, GO! I'll keep ya'll posted.

Thanks again,

MTuey