Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email - Outlook

Email - Outlook

Our problem is that we have to attach the emails we sent manually to the contact in Act. We are aware that we can also put the mode in auto but due to the way we have addapted Act to our needs we can not use the automated option. We therefor have to use the manual option. This works fine in most cases but we have run into the problem that we sometimes have contacts with the same name AND initials. If that happens and we want to attach an email to the contact we get the pop up where we can choose the contact. Problem is that we than cannot see which one is the proper contact. There for instance might be 2 contacts with the name John Smith, who to choose ? What we need is an Act Addon or other solution that allows us to edit the colums shown in the pop up. Just like you have this feauture in the contact list. Any solutions on this ?

Best regards,
Gert van Engelenburg.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email - Outlook

Hi Mike,

Thx for the input but what you suggest doesn't work. In fact, I have called the manufacturer of that AddOn and they confirmed that it does not help us. They have left the manual attach option "as is". At the same time they told me that they might be able to addapt their program a wee bit so maybe they will in fact develop what we need. I just  place my below message to maybe find someone who had run into the same problem and already had the solution.

Again, thx for the below, maybe there is something else outhere ?

Best regards,
Gert.

Hi again Mike,

We do use the email field properly. The thing is that we have built our Act taylormade to control our clientfiles that we have to move around the world. To do this we have completely changed the format. This means that 1 contact file can contain up to 8 email addresses of people we need to get a move organized. This means that, next to the actual contact, the file can contain an email adddress of the forwarder, the customs agents, the delivery agent, and so on. If we than use the auto option of action to connect a sent email it will connect said email to all the email addresses available. It is difficult to explain exactly but it leads to a big mess. Thats why we have to use the manual option and that again leads to the small problem that we sometimes have to take a guess who we are connecting and email to. That again is the reason that we would like to be able to see more contact info in the screen we we can connect the email manually.

To give you some idea on how we have brutalized Act. The last time our reseller came by for some maintenance the account manager told us that he had never seen the format we have created before and that he was emazed on what Act was capable of . . . . .

Thx for you help on this !
Gert.

I would have thought that the auto-link only worked with the defauklt field.

But, as you have customised the product so heavily, the best bet might be to get the add-on company I linked earlier to make the change for you as you indicated that they could. This might be the fastest way to get something that works specifically for your purposes