06-07-2011 08:23 AM
I am trying to send an email using the Mail Merge feature to 88 customers. Regretablly, my ACT Pro stops sending the email at 25 emails and then continues to cyle. Not sending anything else. Is there a limit on how many emails I can merge?
06-07-2011 08:36 AM
There is not a limit coming from ACT. You may be limited by the system resources on your computer and by your ISP. I'd check with the folks that host your email and see if they have such a limit.
06-07-2011 08:39 AM - edited 06-07-2011 09:11 AM
Most likely, this is a limitation imposed by your ISP's mail server... ACT! will usually get 150-200 before running out of rescources (same as Outlook).
You should look at using ACT! eMarketing (SwiftPage):
06-07-2011 01:13 PM
Can you give more detail as to what is happening:
- Did it work before?
- Are they getting an error when it reaches 25? If yes, what is error?
- Is the e-mail editor the ACT! e-mail program or Outlook? If Outlook, what version?
- Are the emails beyond 25 created but stay in the Drafts folder?
- If they perform the mail merge to Word Processor, does it successfully create all of the documents?
- Does it work if performed from a different computer?
- What is the operating system of the computer?
- How much memory (RAM) is on the computer?
- Test with ACT! Demo database > pick same number of contacts to send mail merge (contacts in demo are not 'live' contacts and can be safely sent to)
06-07-2011 06:23 PM
i have a customer with the same problem that started as soon as we upgraded to ACT 2011.
so it worked last week and today it is limited to 25.
it is not a resource problem and as near as the IT guy and I can tell the Hosted Exchange has no limit... i'm just sayin'
10-27-2011 01:12 PM
i recently updated from Act 2010 Premium to 2012 Act Premium on an XP machine using exchange for email. I had no problem sending out over 25 email merges before the upgrade. I tried the sage support 28237 fix and it did not correct the problem. any other suggestions?
10-28-2011 08:13 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
I have updated the article to include an older version of the redemption file (from ACT! 2010), try the steps again using this older version: KB Article 28237
10-28-2011 01:08 PM
I installed the new file redemption.dll.V4 per your instructions, rebooted the computer, then ran the disk cleanup file in Windows and removed the old files and temp files. I started Act and Outlook and did a test mail merge from the demo Act file for 199 emails.
I am happy to report that the mail merge DID merge and run correctly. It did not stop at 25, it stopped at the completion of 199 emails. It looks like the redemption.dll.V4 file you posted IS NEEDED instead of the redemption.dll.replace when one upgrades from an earlier version ( like Act 2010) of Act. Thank you for your help.