Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Merge : How to change the sender name?

FLG
Astute Commentator

Email Merge : How to change the sender name?

[ Edited ]

I use Outlook 2011 with Act 2010.  When I’m sending a Email Merge, I want a generic name of the sender, not my personnal one. How can I do that ? I’ve create 2 accounts in Outlook, but Act is always using my name instead. How can I fix that ?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Merge : How to change the sender name?

ACT! uses your default Outlook account for email merges. You would need to change your default account in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig,

I know this is a rather old thread but this entry came up on my search engine.

I was lead to believe that emails may be sent on behalf of other company account.

The following scenario was painted before the purchase of and our ACT licenses: If an assistant wishes to send emails on behalf of say our CEO, the sender's details may be changed to that of the CEO. Please confirm whether this can indeed be done.

We are currently using MS exchange server together with Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0

I've selected the Mail Merge option and the mail merge wizard seems cater for this function.????
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello SytechSupplies,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are referring to the email account that is used, ACT! will use the default account in the locally installed version of Outlook. So if she is sending an email or mail merge through ACT! using Outlook and her Exchange account is the default, then the email will be from her. This controlled by Outlook, as it is handling the sending/receiving of emails.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.