Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Leads to Contacts

Email Leads to Contacts

Does the new version of ACT! 2010 natively support importing email leads from Outlook and converting them to contacts automatically? If not, what is the best solution for this?

We have a web form which we would like to import data to ACT when someone submits their information. We also have email leads from other sites that need to automatically be entered into ACT! as contacts 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email Leads to Contacts

There isn't a 'Native' function that will automatically add your contacts to a database, you would have to initiate the import manually (File > Import).  There are also restrictions on the file types that you will be able to import (Outlook contact records (not emails), Text Delimited/CSV files, dBase files). 

There a few import add-ons available but I do not know if any of them have an automated or scheduled import ability.  To review the certified Act! add-on's visit this website: Act! Add-on's 

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

The product that we have provided to customers and found reliable is Web Prospect from Northwoods. Refer www.nwoods.com  and in particular http://www.crmaddons.com/p-25-web-prospect.aspx 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

I beleive eGrabber also has a long standing solution...
Tuned Listener

Hi,

Capturing information from web forms and automatically placing in the respective fields in ACT! can be done with the help of eGrabber.

if you have a single template you can do with AddressGrabber, for multiple templates you can go for eMail-lead Grabber.

Regards,

Vincent Xavier

Product Marketing

eGrabber Inc.

408-457-9582

Vincent Xavier
vincent@egrabber.com
408-457-9582
Nickel Elite Contributor

WebProspect is so simple and cost effective that's what I have installed for my clients.  Try the demo, and feel free to ask me any questions.  Hope this helps...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com