Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email History

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Email History

Hi   I have Office 2016 pro on a windows 10 PC and using ACT 21.187.1.0 version.  My email preferences are all set and all of my emails snyc to my act contacts except one.  It stopped recording history in May and I have been unable to have emails snyc ot this one contact ever since.  Any ideas?  I copied and pasted the email address in act so I know it is correct. 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Email History

Assuming eMail is syncing to the other contacts, there just MAY BE a corruption in the contact's file.

Have you used ACTDIAG to run any of the database integrity actions?

If in fact it is only affecting 1 contact, then I would export that contact to the demo database and change the contact name then  then re-import it in with the original name.  That may clean any corruption.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with john that it looks like there is a problem with the record as only one is affected,

if you have not already tried run a Repair and Reindex under Tools and Database Maintenance .

If that does not work an alternative option to John's suggestion is to deliberately create a duplicate record and then run the Scan for Duplicates option under Tools in ACT.

This then allows you to copy everything to the new record using the de-dupe wizard and the you can delete the problem record..

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks I have done so - we will be testing email with the customer tomorrow.  Appreciate the help 

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Ok.   I created a brand new contact and transferred the history of the old one to the new one and re-tested.  Still wont snyc. 

Any ideas please? 

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I recreated a new contact and transferred history from old contact to new contact - it still wont snyc.   Any ideas please?

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I changed the email address in the contact to be a totally different email and tested and it wont snyc so now I can confirm it has something to do with the contact.  Could it be something in the history that would stop it?  Just a thought?